Quality level: 200
Recombinant: expressed in E. coli
- enough for 10000 reactions
- enough for 3000 reactions
- enough for 500 reactions
Molecular weight: 94kDa
- dNTPs included: no
- hot boot: yes
Concentration: 5 units/μL
Input: purified DNA
Taq DNA Polymerase is a thermostable enzyme derived from the thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticus Recombinants. The enzyme is in recombinant form, expressed in E. coli. It can withstand repeated heating to 95°C without significant loss of activity. Each lot of Taq DNA polymerase is tested for PCR amplification and double-stranded sequencing.
Taq DNA polymerase from Thermus aquaticus has been used:
- in the quantification of fungal growth by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and photometric assay
- in conventional reverse transcriptase (RT)-PCR
- in simple sequence repeat (SSR) genotyping
- as a component of the PCR mix for the amplification of genomic and mitochondrial DNA
- in Direct Tetraprimer Amplification Refractory Mutation System (T-ARMS) PCR to amplify dried whole blood samples
Taq polymerase catalyzes the primer-driven DNA template-dependent incorporation of dNTP oligonucleotides into complementary DNA strands. It shows polymerase and exonuclease activities from 5′ to 3′.
Features and Benefits
Low cost per Taq unit
- Taq DNA polymerase with 10x reaction buffer containing MgCl2
- Taq DNA polymerase comes with a choice of an optimized 10x reaction buffer including MgCl2 (D1806) or a 10x reaction buffer without MgCl2 plus a separate tube of MgCl2 for titration (D4545). The last option may be necessary to determine the optimal conditions for amplification.
Taq DNA Polymerase is a specialized thermostable enzyme isolated from the thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticus. The recombinant form of this enzyme is expressed in E. coli. This 94 kDa protein shows no detectable levels of contaminating endonucleases or exonucleases by SDS-PAGE. It has 5′→3′ polymerase and exonuclease activity.
One unit will incorporate 10 nmol total dNTPs into acid precipitable DNA in 30 min at 74°C.
Use of this product is covered by one or more of the following US patents and corresponding non-US patent claims: US 8,404,464 and US 7,972,828. The purchase of this product includes a limited, non-transferable immunity from suit under the foregoing patent claims.